Monday, September 27, 2010

Lady Sintana has died.

Wow.  Honestly didn't think hearing it a couple of days ago that it would continue to affect me the way it has. She passed in hospice, surrounded by her immediate family.
The obituary was of course, complete and utter bullshit served for history and publicity. David (Lord Merlin) was listed as her husband, and while they did legally marry under Georgia law some years back, it was solely to put her under his insurance.
Under Wiccan law, she married and divorced at least 4 other times that I can immediately remember. Those men were her husbands.
But that doesn't look good when writing about an icon.
And I'm not denying her Icon status - she truly was a pioneer who deserves to be remembered.

However I believe people should remember the woman as well as the witch.

Her past is something that is about to undergo some serious editing, in preparation for history.
I was there, at the beginning. I heard the stories first hand.
How she handled her abusive 1st husband by pouring boiling water on his privates -
The particulars of her long term relationship with Sandy, and her bisexuality.
How she was introduced to Wicca by her dresser, who was one of the Brittani tradition.

The stories of Ravenwood - warts and all, will be cleaned up for publication. 

I don't want that to happen. With the sanitizing, comes the forgetting of Jolene. And she deserves more than that.

2 comments:

sprinkles said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your friend.

ᏤᏏ ᏦᏁᏍ said...

I know this is an older post and a fairly charged one... but I thought you should know that her. rather "colorful personality" as some would put it, is not forgotten. I only know her by those who knew her, never having the privilege of actually meeting her. They are very blunt and candid about her and frankly I think it's great. It may not "look good" as you put it but there's no time for worrying about that in life, not much you can spare anyway. It's that honest, forward and uninhibited sense of character that drives me to want to know her better and the impact she has had on those very dear to me.

So that said I'm not sure who is trying to re-write history but I haven't seen much written about her either-way. On the one hand its frustrating but on the other hand you know what you are told isn't censored for the masses.

I can tell she won't be forgotten by those who knew her, or those who will hear from them the stories...but outside of certain circles as it were, it seems to me that few people do know of her or ever will,

No pressure or anything but if you want to make sure people remember the kind of person she was.. you could make sure the book reads true. I'm pretty sure allot of people would support the project.

Hopefully the obituary was just the result of family whom would rather not have people know those things, and thats all it stays.