Monday, December 17, 2012

Results - not a pretty picture but they taste okay

OK, both of the cheesecakes have had time to cool and set, and I've tasted both.  
Now to analyze what happened. 

The watermelon cheesecakes over cooked for one, and the white chocolate managed to separate and melt into the cupcake liner. 
Note to self, monitor cooking time better. Also, ginger snaps not a good idea for crusts. 

The creamsicle are too heavily orange, in flavor and color. Better control on the pastry bag should cover one issue, the flavoring issue should work itself out in larger batches. 

Now I have to create a new batch for the holiday dinner at work - I think I'm going to go back to my basics, except that I'm using a shortbread for the crusts this time. I don't foresee doing more than 24 this time, which means basically a half batch. 

A little less muss and fuss, but it also means just one batch in the oven instead of multiples. 
Yay. 


No comments: