Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 16 (A new rant)

I admit it, I'm getting incredibly sloppy about posting.
I really will try to do better about this - however it seems that the only time I'm posting now is when I've got something to complain about instead of something wonderful like your arrival, Andrea.
Anyway, in that vein, another rant.
Last year, I had an issue arise with the condo (big shock there) where I had an unidentified leak in the front yard. I let it go for a while, then took the advice of one of the board members, and informed the management company.
I was originally told by them that if it was an outbound or sewer line, then it would be my responsibility to pay for repairs, but if it was the incoming water line, it wasn't my responsibility but instead the HOA's.
So, I let the management company contact their plumber and the leak was found to be the inbound line. Suddenly, their story changed and it became my responsibility to pay for the repairs. I didn't have a leg to stand on, as it was apparently misinformation in the first place, and I ended up having to cough up around $300 to get the line repaired.
Why am I bringing this up now? Because the damn leak is back and in the same location.
However, this time I'm taking a completely different tack. I watched closely the last time they did the repair and I'm certain that I can handle this one myself instead of forking out another $300.
Of course, I'm going to do my research first before tackling this, and if the leak isn't where I believe it to be, (ie easily accessible) but instead beneath the concrete sidewalk, then I'll turn it over to professionals and let them hash out who's going to be paying for it, as it certainly won't be me.

No comments: