Tuesday, January 20, 2015

As the Cauldron Bubbles

So, today's dentist visit was extra special fun. 
Seems I have a blocked salivary gland, and got an emergency referral to an oral surgeon. 
Both dentist and surgeon weren''t happy about me dealing with it for about 2 weeks without attention beyond my OTC remedies. 
So he's (surgeon) treating with drugs for 2 weeks to see what happens, and if no change then it's biopsy. Yay me. 
He also adjusted my partial so it's not fucking with it as much. 
So now I'm on antibiotics for 10 days, along with an oral steroid cream that apparently insurance won't cover or doesn't cover without preauthorization. At $78 a tube.  
I told the pharmacist I'll make do with Orajel at $5 a tube first but to try for the cream. 

Don't ever get old. It sucks, and not in the happy spanky way. 

No comments: