Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Out of Sequence Part B

So, they installed the heat pump - great air flow downstairs, it's cooling, and I go to check the upstairs airflow. Sure enough, it's the same problem I had previously, no air flow at all upstairs.
The tech is stumped.
I figure hey, it's working, it's cooling, and it's not dripping through the half bath ceiling. Half a loaf is better than none, and the tech promises to come back to figure out what the problem is.

A week later, he comes back and gets in the attic, and voila, a 5 minute fix.
Seems that the damper for the upstairs ductwork had been turned off, and when it was adjusted, I had air flow upstairs again.

So now, I'm just waiting on the windows to be installed - after that, I'll be redoing the stairway and the upstairs with more of that Gunstock Oak laminate.
And I will call it complete for the time being.

No comments: