Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Surgery in just over 4 hours

Today is May 14th, and I'm due to be at Emory Spinal & Orthopedic Clinic at 6am to do paperwork and get my anesthesia started, for the procedure at 7am to fix the frozen shoulder.
Why am I writing this at this hour of the morning instead of sleeping?
Because I can't sleep. I've been in bed since 9pm last night, and actually managed to drop off for a few hours, but keep waking up, and now it's to the point that I can't get back to sleep.
It's sort of like when I was doing major amounts of coffee past the time I knew I shouldn't, but in this case, I think it's more nerves. (Especially since I had a total of two and a half cups of coffee yesterday, and one of those was 75% decaf).
The arm is giving me minor difficulties, by twinging and being annoying however this is definitely more related to the procedure than to anything else.
Am I doing the right thing? I think so. I've been dealing with this for over about a year now and it's time to get it fixed once and for all.
I'll write more after the surgery.
I just wanted to get this down for the record.

No comments: