Saturday, August 23, 2008

I stand corrected

Today, Barack Obama announced his choice of Vice President.
Where I believed he would end up choosing Hillary Clinton (she'll probably end up on the Supreme Court), he's chosen Senator Joe Biden of Maryland.

The Democratic National Convention (or DNC) just wrapped up on Thursday with a rousing speech by Mr. Obama. Your Grandpa Don and I were fortunate enough to watch it live, and frankly, the man's oratory gifts are astounding. (Obama's, not Grandpa Don's... there's a difference between stirring the masses and stirring up the shit)
Then, of course, the Republicans made history with their announcement of a female VP candidate, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.
I hesitate to get too political in this space, however I'm probably just biding my time. Who knows, you might be able to reference me in about 15 years when you write a term paper about this period of American history.
We'll see.

No comments: