Saturday, February 5, 2011

Early morning shocker part 2

Delene's memorial is today. This is decidedly not how I would choose to spend a Saturday, believe me. I'm not sure what to expect other than I'll be seeing a number of people I haven't seen in years however who have been integral in my life. 
The big controversy remains in how the blame game is going to be played. 
When I say the blame game, I'm talking about who's guilt is going to make them lash out at whoever they perceive as the 'reason' Delene took her own life. 
Honestly, the blame, if there is any, is Delene's and Delene's alone. She was on major meds for depression and possibly sleep disorder, and those meds had recently been changed. 
She was familiar with the reactions of alcohol with her previous meds, however apparently the new meds didn't quite mix the same way.
I'm sounding like I'm blaming Delene, and I guess in a way I am.
Don't get me wrong, I loved her.
However, no one forced her to drink - she made that choice and unfortunately paid the price.
The most horrible thing about all this is the mess that's left for the survivors to deal with.

No comments: