Friday, September 14, 2012

Milestone #2

Shakira has graduated to dry food. She's still getting wet twice a day, even though the dry is also Iams (I'm a pet food snob). 
I'm still feeding her separately from Cleo for a couple of reasons. 
First and foremost, they haven't formally met yet. 
I'm edging closer and closer to the time when that's going to have to be the reality, however I'm trying to delay it as long as I can because Shakira's still so tiny. 

I'm also beginning to wonder what kind of coat she'll have as an adult.  Based on her markings, there just might have been a Maine Coon in the family tree. If so, she's going to be a longhair instead of a short hair. But that'll be at least a year before I find out conclusively. 

She's scheduled for her first round of shots next week, then she gets 2 more series a month apart, and just as she's getting her last shots, she's going to be spayed. 

Yeah, this has just become the annoying pet parent blog. 

Sorry guys. 

It's distracting me from thinking about your Mom's issues that I can't do shit about. 
  

No comments: