Sunday, June 15, 2008

Garden June 2008 pics back yard

Here are some pictures from the back yard garden, June 2008. I hope you enjoy them.

This is Tuscan rosemary, with a hosta in front, and an iris in back. I really worried about it last year when I planted it, as it acted as though it wasn't happy, and looked like it was barely hanging on.
What a difference a year makes. It's obviously decided it's happy, and is really taking off.


This is my stand of mint and in front of them is my patch of thyme. Both are doing very well - I'll be harvesting some of that mint in a week or so and enjoying fresh mint tea. They're next to the lily bed.


These are the moonflower I got from your Aunt Sheba - as you can see, they're already starting to climb the trellis. I have 2 out of the pot that have reached the trellis as of this point, and I expect the other 3 to reach the trellis in a couple of days. Once they realize it's there, they'll really start taking off. I can't wait to get some pictures of them when they hit their stride and start producing flowers.










These are my "trumpet" lilies and the Oriental lily.






The Oriental hasn't started blooming yet, however it should in about a week or so. Behind it are the pink lilies (I can't remember their real name, so pink lily will have to do), just as I can't remember the real name for the "trumpet" lily either - oh well, blame it on my age. All I know is they're happy and growing and blooming and that's all I can ask for.


These are sunflower seedlings - the variety is called "Mammoth" because they're supposed to reach a height of 12 feet. I can't wait. I had more but those damn chipmunks got to them.




This is a side by side of the "standard" elephant ear and the Gigantus variety. Audrey, as I've said before, is a Gigantus. To refresh your memory, the reason I call her Audrey is a reference to "Little Shop of Horrors", the Broadway musical and film and the original black and white movie from the 1960's. Technically then, she'd be Audrey 3, since the plant in "Little Shop" was Audrey 2.

















This is Audrey 3 - June 2008








No comments: