Friday, June 6, 2008

Garden notes

By the way, it appears that the black elephant ear has decided it likes where it is and has sent up 3 more shoots. That stand of elephant ear is going to look spectacular when it all comes in.
Audrey is looking great, she now has 4 leaves up. None yet bigger than average, however I think she'll produce at least by next year when she's fully established in her pot.
The moonflowers continue to sprout, and I've got a couple of shoots from the sunflowers to come up. The day lilies in the side garden have begun to bloom, I'll post a picture later.
The mint is very happy, and I hope to be able to harvest some soon - I'm looking forward to a glass of cold mint tea on a hot day.
The trumpet lilies in the front have both started sending up their flower stalks, so I expect to have blooms within a week or three.
Stargazers in the back, probably a day or two and they'll start blooming.
Oriental lily, probably another 3 weeks before I see any blooms, but the calla in the side will have a bloom up in a matter of days.
It's late and I'm rambling. I'll put up pictures of everything as it blooms.
G'nite sweetheart.

No comments: