Sunday, January 9, 2011

First snowfall of 2011 part 2

Well, it's happened.
Started a little later than had been predicted, however its apparently made up for those lost few minutes by virtue of volume.  It's now 11pm, the snow began falling at about 8pm, and we're currently up to about 3 inches, and it's still accumulating.  
I know, as volume goes that isn't much. But you have to remember that this is Atlanta, not Kansas City.
Comparatively speaking, this would be the equivalent of KC getting about a foot of snow.
As soon as I fortify myself with a cup of something warm, I'm going to go take a couple of quick pictures. It's beautiful right now, and the only thing you can hear is the sound of the snow falling. If I wait until tomorrow to try and get pictures, then it'll be too late because everyone will be out playing in it. 
So, cup of something warm and I'm out to go get pictures while it's still relatively pristine.

No comments: