Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Way Back Machine - aka Hulu.com

I'm a big fan of this site called Hulu.com - a combination of old and new shows available online.
Well, I recently discovered that they have a show called "Fame" - this show was based on a film of the same name which garnered a load of awards. 
"Fame the TV show ran for a couple of seasons, and it was a favorite of mine first run, back in the 1980's. 
Yes, last century. That's why I'm calling this the Way Back Machine... it's giving me an opportunity to remember and relive that era, and use the technology of the 21st century to utterly bore you with my recollections.
Anyway... what's prompted this is seeing certain celebs early in their careers, essentially doing "featured extra" roles ... ie 3 lines of dialog and 2 scenes. I just caught a very young Fran Drescher (she of Nanny fame - another utter fave show of mine, only because I can relate to the relatives - see previous entries)
And it makes me remember Disco. Once upon a time, back in the last century, Grandpa Merlin used to love to dance. But that's a memory for another occasion.
Back to Fame the TV series. 
I'm now on episode 2 - I'll probably do one more then switch to a game, then bed.
So, g'nite for now. 

No comments: