Monday, January 24, 2011

The Way Back Machine

At this moment I present to you every single part I could get my hands on from YouTube.com of what is inarguably the single best HBO National Lampoon special from 1978 - currently (and probably permanently) unavailable on video or DVD....

Ladies and gentlemen... I present for your viewing pleasure after the jump...

DISCO BEAVER FROM OUTER SPACE


DISCLAIMER:  You are going to be offended by this movie if you actually watch every single clip. There is something in there to piss anyone and everyone off.

After all, this was 1978, a time before political correctness, when sacred cows made the best hamburger and were served 24/7. Cable was a brand new entity and not the behemoth it is today; there were a total of 3 premium channels and all were starved for content. 
  
I've put up these clips because they were everything I finally found for this show - they're not in the order of the show and some stuff might be duplicated; but you have no idea how long I've been looking for a copy, tape or DVD of it.
And now I can share it with you.


Note: The punchline comes at the end of the "Dragula" skit.

No comments: