Monday, August 3, 2009

Today's events

Because of the slip and fall I need physical therapy, however can't afford the co-pay necessary to get it... so I'm doing what I call "dog therapy" - I have a neighbor who needs her dog walked at around noon daily, and that's how I've been exercising the knee.
Why is that important? Because that's the lead in to today's issues.
I left the house by the back door to go get Armand, and heard what sounded like an open faucet running. Given that I don't have a working faucet out back, I made sure I found what was causing the sound.
I found it.
It was like someone had turned on a spigot and let it run - my back yard and a lot of the common area is a swampy mess right now. So I reported it to the HOA, who got a plumber out here, and initially, he said it was my water heater, and that I was going to be responsible for the repair.
I'm on the verge of panic, trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for a new water heater, install and everything else, when he suggests trying turning off the hot water at the source.
I was all for it, and when he did, the water outside kept going - which told him that it wasn't my unit causing the problem, it's the vacant unit next door.
I'm sorry to wish this on someone else, however for once there's a water issue at this place and it's not mine.

No comments: