Monday, December 17, 2007

Miscellaneous chatter

Andrea, you're getting ready to make your appearance in a couple of weeks - your mom says January 18th, but I have a feeling you're holding out for a couple days later, around January 20th, 21st - we'll see.
Don't freak out too badly, you're in Missouri, and it's cold and snowing.
Welcome to the world.
Just so you know, the big fuzzy thing is called a teddy bear.
He's a present from me to you - I'll be seeing you in the spring/early summer, when life becomes somewhat regular there and the snow's melted.
I know you won't remember our first meeting, however I will.
Don't worry, there will be plenty of time for you to get to know me.
I'm looking forward to having a little girl to spoil rotten. I checked the Grandparent handbook, and I get to supply you with the fun stuff, like dolls and tea sets. Or trucks if that's your toy of choice.
I don't care, I just get to spoil you. And then send you back to your parents.
(note to Jessica: I still won't be doing diaper duty.)
(Further note to Jessica: This is why I kept telling you to read my blog - years from now you could be prepared for this.)
So, Andrea, if you're not a Diva, you could have been one. .
Regardless, I know you're a Lady.

No comments: