Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Biologicals, part 2b

Some quick clarifications need to be made - when I paid my $35 fee today for the non-identifying contents of my adoption file, I got to ask a few questions, and this is what I found out.
First off, if there is not a non-disclosure form in the file, then I can pay $300 and they'll find my birth mother and find out whether she will allow contact.
They will also check to see if she registered with them (Georgia Adoption Registry), and if she has, then they will try to set up contact.
Contact. Wow.
Andrea, I don't know if I'm going to be alive when you're capable of really understanding this blog, but this is why I'm writing it. It's both therapeutic for me and hopefully allows you some insight into me. This is really big - and it's something that's going to take months to unfold - but it's something I've put into motion because I simply had to.
Of course, I'm really thinking in terms of contact here - there's always the chance that there's a non-disclosure form in the file or my biologicals don't want to meet me for reasons of their own.
I don't fantasize that I'm going to gain a new family, however I confess to fantasizing about finding genetic siblings - in my eyes that would be so cool - a few years too late, but cool none the less.
So I'm going to hope that either my biological has registered or that there's no non-disclosure in my file - and find out in about 4-6 weeks, just in time for my 47th birthday, and your arrival.

About that - little darling, I hope you'll forgive me for not being there when you arrived, however here's something you'll have discovered for yourself by the time you read this blog - your Uncle Merlin absolutely positively abhors snow and given that you're going to be born in Kansas City, Missouri in the middle of winter, (it's not my fault your parents are heathen savages), 'nuff said.

(Aside to Jessica: I love you darlin' !! *smoooch* )
I've been spoiled by living in Atlanta, where it hardly ever snows - and if it does snow, the city and surrounding areas come to a grinding halt if there's an inch on the ground. Yes, you read that correctly, an inch. Unfortunately, you happen to live in an area that has 3 seasons - winter, tornadoes and road construction. And yes, you detect that note of gloat because I don't have to deal with snow that's measured in feet.
And I won't deal with snow that's measured in feet, either.
Don't worry, you'll love visiting me. I'm fun.
And believe it or not, your Grandfather Don is a hoot.

No comments: