Saturday, December 8, 2007

Biologicals, part 2c

In kicking off this search for my biologicals, I have tried to ensure the success of this venture in every way I can think of.
To this end, I have gotten a quote of $1350 from a search agency to find my birth mother.
Since I've only recently requested the information in my file, I have no way of knowing whether there's a no-contact order in place, whether she's registered with the program and is looking for me, or exactly what the situation is.
In speaking with the sales person/case worker for the search service, I did glean more information however; things such as my biological mother's age at the time of my birth was probably between 14 and 19, that indeed, based on my mother's age at the time of my adoption, it had to have been "private".
Infants, especially white infant males didn't get put in households with 50+ year old women as first children, even in the 1960's. And then to follow it up 2.5 years later with a baby girl.
I can remember when she was brought home, and how she was still bleeding from the umbilical cord - Jolene's adoption will have to remain a mystery, since I'm not legally allowed to persue that.
Mine, on the other hand, you'll see unfolding before you.
I guess this is what they mean by a blog evolving.

2 comments:

sprinkles said...

Merlin, I linked to you from Crazy Days and Nights. I've enjoyed your blog from the beginning. Hope you don't mind but I've added a link from my blog to yours. If you want me to remove it, I will.

http://butterfly-wyldechyld.blogspot.com/

Merlin D. Bear said...

Thank you, I'm honored!
I'm glad you're enjoying the blog!