Saturday, January 19, 2008

Flooring and a cushy new eco-toilet pea soup


Well, the other day I made plans to pick up the 25 cases of laminate I'd bought at Floor and Decor - and those plans were for Saturday. Little did I know that Mother Nature had scheduled a snowstorm for the day... and not your typical Atlanta flurry and go, this one was supposed to accumulate (it did, see pics below) - anyway, I ended up driving through it to Southlake Mall, to get it loaded on Frank's truck. Frank then followed me back to the townhouse by way of the Home Depot where I got a new toilet for the upstairs.
Its called eco-friendly because it only uses 1.28 gallons per flush rather than the 2.6 standard.
Anyway, in installing it, Frank broke the seat - so we went back to Home Depot, where I elected to get a cushy seat as an upgrade rather than simply replacing the screw.
Pictures of my cushy new eco toilet in the next entry.
Above, you can see pictures of the laminate that we hauled back from Morrow - a nightmare of a haul in and of itself, you cannot imagine how it was during all that snow.
Thankfully, it remained above freezing, so the snow didn't stick to the roads during the daytime.
By then, I was safely in the house, enjoying a couple of bowls of split pea soup.
Pics to follow.

No comments: