Saturday, January 26, 2008

January 26th

It's Saturday, and I'm at work.
On the bright side, it's a typical Saturday, meaning no fires to put out - I'm just sitting here updating the Windows software on my workstation, updating various spyware programs and in general just sitting here waiting for my relief to get in.
It's also only 20 days until my birthday - I'll be 47 this year. I know that sounds like an eternity to you, but believe me, it really does go a lot faster than you think. Especially when you get older.

I'm on the phone now with Grandpa Don, and he's just told me that your first pictures have arrived.
According to Grandma Lisa, they took tons and tons and they're just waiting to get to a computer to upload them from the camera.
Grandpa Don said that he sent copies to me, but they haven't shown up in my inbox yet. I can wait, I've waited 7 months for you to arrive, I'm going to have to wait for a few more months before I can actually meet you and hold you, so a few more hours or days for pictures won't matter much... (who am I kidding, I want those pictures **NOW**)

You can probably tell by now that patience is not one of my stronger attributes.

No comments: