Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Renovation nightmare

An update on the renovations - having reached a stopping point on the renovations, I decided to go ahead and get the flooring for the upstairs and the stairway.
So, armed with my measurements, I went back to Floor & Decor, fully intending on at least getting the supplies to do the floors, with the intention of hiring the labor when I can afford it.
To my utter shock, I was informed that they no longer carry the brand and color I used for the downstairs.
Mind you, when I chose that style, I was told "oh, we'll always have that, it's a popular color and style, we'll always have it, don't worry". So, all I bought at the time was enough to do the downstairs - taking them at their word that "they'd always have it".
Now, I'm scrambling trying to locate a) about 20 - 25 cases of CASA Gunstock Oak laminate, b) the website for the company to see if I can still order the laminate directly from them, or c) find another color that closely matches the downstairs floors.

No comments: