Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Winter Storm 2008 part 2





Okay, it's a crappy picture, however what's to be expected from a cellphone camera?


Anyway, when I posted the previous entry, the only snow coming down was a flurry - and from all accounts, it was turning to rain and sleet with no chance of accumulation. So, I thought no biggie, rainy ride home and it'll be okay.


Then, I went outside during my dinner break to have a smoke and saw this. My heart sank. I honestly don't mind snow when I'm at home and don't have to go anywhere or do anything, however being at work when something like this happens is well and truly a nightmare in the making.

What a difference a few hours makes - by 10:30 pm, it had indeed all changed to rain, and the majority of the danger had passed, although with the temperature hovering just above freezing, bridges and overpasses still posed the potential for issues. My relief did show up, so I managed to make it home relatively on time. This doesn't change my position on snow though. I still hate the stuff.

No comments: